taking care of finances - records
what you should know
- First Step: download this "change notification form" for help
- Check your credit report to clean up discrepancies and prevent ID theft (especially as you move between addresses).
Make sure you re-check your report 3 months after your move to update your credit records:
complete information at our credit center: SayGoodCredit.com
- Setup your new bank account with deposit accounts and bank card access
- Close safe deposit boxes and transfer records and assets to your new bank
- Make sure you have adequate insurance coverage:
view our insurance module at our nBuy center
- Pay any unpaid traffic tickets, claims, and taxes. Outstanding "penalties" can delay registrations in other jurisdictions.
- Arrange transfer of your children's school records
- Transfer memberships in religious, civic groups and other social clubs
- Obtain other records from lawyers, CPAs, investment advisors, others
- Check the local and state laws of your new city on home businesses, business licenses, professional tests, and other requirements that may be applicable